Live Scan Fingerprinting
Live Scan technology allows digitally scanned fingerprints to be submitted electronically to the Dept. of Justice within minutes and allows criminal background checks to be processed usually within 72 hours
Applicants must have a completed Request For Live Scan Service form. Live scan forms can be obtained from requesting agency. Lost your form, you can download the appropriate form here.
Applicant must present a valid photo ID. This includes one of the following: DMV Driver’s License or ID (out of state licenses accepted), Passport, Military ID Card, Alien Registration Card / Green Card Photo ID Card.
Expired ID information cannot be accepted.
What you should know concerning Live Scan Fingerprinting
- A Social Security Card is not normally required in most cases. If unsure, please check with your employment or licensing agency.
- Del Mar Live Scan is not allowed to assist applicants in filling out their Request for Live Scan Service form. The California Department of Justice rules forbid us from assisting you on your application. In addition, if your information is incomplete or you have a question, we must refer you back to your employment or licensing agency.
- Fingerprints are rejected by the Department of Justice on occasion for several reasons. The most common reasons are the applicant’s fingerprints have characteristics that are difficult to capture in the live scan process. This would include items such as cuts, scars and calluses. If an applicant has fingerprints rejected on this basis, and they were originally scanned by Del Mar Live Scan, we will rescan and resubmit your fingerprints at no additional charge. If they were not originally submitted by Del Mar Live Scan, you will be responsible for the processing fees.
- Please note that correcting information on the form is not a resubmission, nor is being fingerprinted for another employment or licensing agency. These require the payment of new fees and considered as new submission.
- To be processed in California you must be physically present in California – you must not be outside the state.Del Mar Live Scan services are not available for individuals needing Live Scan fingerprinting for other states.
Traditional FBI Ink Card Fingerprinting
Del Mar Live Scan provides traditional FBI ink card fingerprinting for businesses and individual applicants that need this service. Our FBI Ink Card Fingerprint service is provided to our applicants who need to obtain a nationwide background check from the FBI, and those who need to send their fingerprint images to states outside of California. We provide the highest quality ink printing available for your ID cards. A standard 8″x8″ FBI fingerprint card, also known as FBI FD-258 card is normally used. If you do not have the required cards, we will provide them to you at no charge.
Rolling Fees: $23.00
View our coupons for extra savings.
Walk-in Fingerprinting Service
Normally in-and-out within 15 minutes!
Simply walk-in to our location during the following business hours:
Monday – Friday
9:00 AM – 6:00 PM
Saturday & Sunday
10:00 AM – 4:00 PM
Mobile Fingerprinting Service
No additional charge for groups of 10 or more…within 10 mile radius.
A small reasonable travel fee may apply for longer distances, depending on the number of individuals being finger printed.
For appointments or a price quote Just call us 858-342-2389
Appointments are available
Monday – Friday
8:00 AM – 7:00 PM and weekends.
To make an appointment,
please call 858-342-2389 or use our appointment request form.
Del Mar Live Scan accepts cash, and all major Credit, Debit and ATM cards for payments.
We are competitively priced and are able to invoice employers upon establishment of Corporate accounts.